I was invited by Disneyland Resort to attend the Disney California Adventure Lunar New Year Celebration last week. Here are things you must do, see, and eat.
- Grab a Sip & Savor Pass ($42) at one of the festival booths to use towards food items at any of the Marketplaces
- Visit the Marketplace where you will find an array of Asian (Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean) inspired dishes along with vegetarian options
- The whole fried tilapia shared family style is back at Paradise Garden Grill
- Drink alcoholic beverages like the Peach Sojito or the Lychee Gin Spritzer
- Watch Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession
- Enjoy the live entertainment acts like Melody of China, along with a number of performances by Asian dancers and performers
- Don’t miss the Hurry Home water show. A story about a little lantern’s journey to coming home for the new year
WHAT TO DO:
- Visit the Lucky Wishing Wall where you can write down your New Year well wishes and tie them to the wall
- Decorate a paper dragon’s pearl
- Get free Chinese Calligraphy done by local artisans
- Get face painting done
- Pick up Lunar New Year merchandise like the new Minnie Ears or Spirit Jerseys
The Disney California Adventure Lunar New Year celebration is going on now ’til February 09, 2020.